A website only has a few seconds to capture and captivate a visitor and it is essential that one has an attractive and search engine friendly design check it out. Having a professional design increases an organization’s customer retention and increases market share.
Usability is basically a strategy to make information easy to find for visitors, below are some usability tips that one can incorporate in their website design project.
- Include a Tagline.
- Implement Site Search for users.
- Use Site maps, this is good for SEO and Google.
- Implement an XML sitemap so search engines can easily index pages.
- Create easily indexable webpages and have semantic markup code (E.g. bold tags, h1, alt tags).
- Implement site navigation that is easily accessible, it is important to have your About us, Privacy and Contact pages accessible as it builds user trust.
- Have clear and large images of your products and services. Visual imagery appeals to all users and is distinctive.
- Break-up content with headings, images, bullet points and use of images. This helps increase readability.